This looks like a miniature version of a real cannon. The only difference is that it does not have any rope nor any wheels and can be easily fitted into the hand of the user.
The wielder puts the Air Cannon on his/her arm and shouts 'Bang!' then a huge amount of air comes out of the cannon, blowing off the target. Although the number of bullets is unlimited, it is still unusable when it runs out of battery.
Appearances in games
The Air Cannon is one of Nobita's gadgets. It is his second gadget and is obtained when Doraemon and Nobita went into the first dungeon. The Air Cannon is a powerful weapon, but unlike the other guns-like gadget Nobita has in the game, he cannot fire it three times consecutively. He also cannot fire it while running, because of its high recoil. One hit from the Air Cannon can defeat a normal enemy with one hit, except for the Digging Hermitcrab, which needs to be shot 2 times.
The Air Cannon is listed under number 20 out of 61 gadgets in the game.
Doraemon: Nobita no Machi SOS!
The Air Cannon is one of the first two gadgets obtained. It is charged by holding action button and shoot by releasing it.You cannot move when attacking.
Doraemon Gadget Rush
Air Cannon is a gadget that we second obtained through the game.It shuffles things to your advantage.
- Air Cannon shares its method of use with the Air Pistol, in which they prompt the users to say "Bang" to shoot, thus Air Cannon can be considered an upgraded version of Air Pistol due to its higher power.
- The Air Cannon in the earlier publication of Doraemon is longer.
- Air Cannon has 4 different designs: pink one, silver one, green one and original one.
- The Air Cannon is one of the few gadgets that kept its name intact in the American English dub of the 2005 anime.
- It is shown in the birthday special, "A Long Day for Doraemon", that the Air Cannon can be upgraded when combined with more. However, the stability of the updated Air Cannon will cause it to explode when used more than one and malfunction.
- The Air Cannon is Doraemon's favorite shooting gadget due to the lack of trigger.