Doraemon: Nobita's Dinosaur Live on Stage was a live adaption of the first film in the Doraemon series, Doraemon: Nobita's Dinosaur. The live adaption received a home video cut by 3DO REAL Panasonic in 1994. The production is a musical retelling of the original film with several differences.
Important Key Differences
- The film starts with Nobita mining on the cliff for Piisuke rather than at Suneo's house, however that scene is shown via flashback
- Piisuke's egg is found via rock slide on the cliff where Nobita is digging
- Nobita's father tries really hard to wrangle the egg from him
- Nobita's Mother nearly finds Piisuke in Nobita's closet due to Piisuke being very noisy
- The main villain has several main henchmen
- The main villain attacks Nobita & Co. while still in the American forrest
- The main villain tries several times to directly steal Piisuke
- The main villain only manages to abduct Shizuka
- Nobita & Co. never leave America, as the Time Patrol show up during a fight, after which they take Nobita & Co. to Japan to drop off Piiisuke.
- As this is a musical, many exclusive songs are present to this production, along with some recurring classics
- The finale Doraemon no Uta features all of the characters singing it.
- Footage from the 1980 film is used during the Time TV sequence.
- This is the first known Doraemon Live on Stage.