|This article contains information about an unreleased film.|
The content may change dramatically as more information becomes available.
Doraemon: Nobita's New Dinosaur (ドラえもん のび太の新恐竜, Doraemon Nobita no shin kyōryū) is an upcoming movie of the Doraemon feature films. The franchise's 40th film is set to released in Japan on August 7, 2020 (originally planned to release on March 6, 2020, but was later postponed due to Coronavirus outbreak)
Nobita hatches two new dinosaurs, named Kyu and Myu, via the Time Cloth. Nobita nurtures and takes care of these dinosaurs, to prove to his friends that he can find a real dinosaur. Once the dinosaurs are of age, Nobita shows them to Shizuka, Gian, and Suneo. Afterwards, the gang takes a trip to the past, where they can see Kyu and Myu's home, which have many other dinosaurs inhabiting it. This causes some trouble for everyone, as they try to stay safe. Along the way, there is a group of mysterious foes who hope to steal Kyu and Myu from Nobita.
- Nobita Nobi
- Kyu and Myu
- Shizuka Minamoto
- Suneo Honekawa
- Takeshi Gouda
- Dinosaur Hunters (mentioned)
- Time Patrol
|Professor Dinosaur||Daisuke Ono|
- Time Cloth
- Time Machine
- Air Cannon
- Instant Miniature-Making Camera
- Small Light
- Path-Finding Stick
Unlike Doraemon: Nobita's Great Battle of the Mermaid King, the manga version of the movie were first seralizied in CoroCoro Comics at September 14 before the movie could released. The manga version contains seven chapters in total.
- Main article: Doraemon: Nobita's New Dinosaur/Gallery
- This film would originally released on 6 March 2020 it would possibly to celebrate 40th anniversary of the first Doraemon film: Doraemon: Nobita's Dinosaur and the 50th anniversary of the franchise. However, it was postponed to August 7, 2020 instead due to Coronavirus outbreak.
- This film would also celebrate 14th anniversary of first 2005 version of Doraemon film: Nobita Dinosaur 2006, which was released on March 4, 2006.
- Due to the outbreak, this marks the first Doraemon film to be fully postponed and presumably not release within early March, but it will release in August 7, 2020 instead.
- August is also the month where the Doraemon movies released in South Korean theaters until 2018 due to the next year's Japan and South Korea's tension.
- This film will be the fourth film to have a dinosaur theme after Nobita's Dinosaur, Doraemon: Nobita and the Knights on Dinosaurs and Nobita's Dinosaur remake.
- This film will be first Doraemon film released in Reiwa era.
- This film will release on Nobita's birthday, because of the postponement.
- ↑ Originally set to released on March 6, 2020 but due to coronavirus pancemic the movie was postponed instead.
- https://doraeiga.com/2020/ (Japanese)