Doraemon: Nobita's New Dinosaur (ドラえもん のび太の新恐竜, Doraemon Nobita no Shin Kyōryū) is the 40th installment of the Doraemon feature films. It released in Japan on August 7, 2020 (originally planned to release on March 6, 2020, but was later postponed due to the COVID-19 outbreak).
Nobita hatches two new dinosaurs, named Kyu and Myu, via the Time Cloth. Nobita nurtures and takes care of these dinosaurs, to prove to his friends that he can find a real dinosaur. Once the dinosaurs are of age, Nobita shows them to Shizuka, Gian, and Suneo. Afterwards, the gang takes a trip to the past, where they can see Kyu and Myu's home, which have many other dinosaurs inhabiting it. This causes some trouble for everyone, as they try to stay safe. Along the way, there is a group of mysterious foes who hope to steal Kyu and Myu from Nobita.
- Nobita Nobi
- Kyu and Myu
- Shizuka Minamoto
- Suneo Honekawa
- Takeshi Gouda
- Dinosaur Hunters (mentioned)
- Time Patrol
|Professor Dinosaur||Daisuke Ono|
- Time Cloth
- Time Machine
- Air Cannon
- Instant Miniature-Making Camera
- Small Light
- Path-Finding Stick
Unlike Doraemon: Nobita's Great Battle of the Mermaid King, the manga version of the movie were first seralizied in CoroCoro Comics at September 14 before the movie could released. The manga version contains seven chapters in total.
Doraemon Wiki has a gallery for Doraemon: Nobita's New Dinosaur.
- This film was originally set to release on March 6, 2020. It would celebrate the 40th anniversary of the first Doraemon film: Doraemon: Nobita's Dinosaur, and the 50th anniversary of the franchise as a whole.
- This film would also celebrate 14th anniversary of first 2005 version of Doraemon film: Nobita Dinosaur 2006, which was released on March 4, 2006.
- Due to the outbreak, this marks the first Doraemon film to be fully postponed and presumably not to release within early March.
- This film is the fourth film to have a dinosaur theme after Nobita's Dinosaur, Doraemon: Nobita and the Knights on Dinosaurs and Nobita's Dinosaur remake.
- This film is the first Doraemon film released in Reiwa era.
- This film is the franchise's first sequel Doraemon film, being a sequel to Nobita's Dinosaur and its remake.
- This is the first film where Time Patrol served as the main antagonist instead of ally like in the previous films.
- Originally set to released on March 6, 2020 but due to coronavirus pandemic the movie was postponed instead.
- https://doraeiga.com/2020/ (Japanese)