Doraemon: Nobita's Treasure Island (ドラえもん のび太の宝島 Doraemon: Nobita no Takarajima) is the 38th installment of the Doraemon feature films. The franchise's 38th film was released in Japan in March 2018. This film is based on Robert Louis Stevenson's treasure island novel. Gen Hoshino - Doraemon is the ending theme song.
A sparkling expanse of ocean. Doraemon, Nobita, Shizuka, Gian and Suneo depart on an adventure to find the so-called Treasure Island in the Caribbean Sea.
In the story, Doraemon, Nobita, Shizuka, Gian, and Suneo set out on an adventure in the Caribbean Sea. Doraemon is the captain of a ship and fights his enemies on board. Shizuka gets 'kidnapped'(to be more precised, mistook as one of their members), and a storm impedes their journey. Mini-Dora help Nobita and friends on their journey. When the adventurers finally find the mysterious Treasure Island, they discover it is more than just an ordinary island.
Upon hearing about the story of Treasure Island, Nobita dreams of discovering and exploring his own treasure island, despite the fact all of the Earth has been mapped already. Doraemon provides Nobita a special treasure map that shows him the location of a treasure island. At the same time, the media announces the discovery of a completely unknown island. Believing the new island is the treasure island, Nobita recruits Doraemon and Shizuka to journey with him, with Doraemon providing a ship. Gian and Suneo also tag along. However, as they get near the island, they are suddenly attacked by a gang of pirates. At that moment, the island begins to move, revealing that it is in fact part of a massive, highly advanced ship. The pirates retreat, but abduct Shizuka in the process. Nobita and his friends are unable to rescue her, but save an unconscious boy named Flock.
Flock explains that the pirates that attacked them are in fact time travelers who travel to different eras to steal treasure off the sea floor, and he himself was part of the ship's crew but decided to desert since he couldn't accept taking orders from Captain Silver. Doraemon uses the treasure map to track the pirate ship's location. Meanwhile, on the pirate ship Shizuka encounters Sarah, Flock's sister. Sarah agrees to help Shizuka. Both Flock and Sarah reveal that Captain Silver is in fact their father, who went mad when their mother died and has become obsessed with gathering as much treasure as possible. Nobita and his friends attempt a rescue operation, but end up rescuing picking up Sarah instead of Shizuka, who is taken directly to Captain Silver.
Captain Silver then moves on the final stage of his plan. Having seen humanity's destruction in the future, he is determined to launch his pirate ship into space and colonize a new planet with all of the treasure he has acquired. However, this requires him to drain the Earth's energy to get the power he needs to reach space. Doraemon warns that taking Earth's energy will result in its destruction so Nobita, his friends, Flock, and Sarah attack the pirate ship again. Gian and Suneo stay behind to occupy the pirates while Nobita, Doraemon, Flock, and Sarah confront Captain Silver directly. While Nobita and Doraemon delay the activation of the pirate ship's engine, Flock is able to seize control of the ship and eject the energy the back into Earth. Captain Silver comes to realize how badly he had neglected his children, and abandons his plans, promising to be a better father to them.
Afterwards, Flock, Sarah, Captain Silver, and the rest of the crew return to their own time while Nobita and his friends return home, with Nobita gaining a new appreciation for his own father.
- Nobita Nobi
- Shizuka Minamoto
- Suneo Honekawa
- Takeshi Gouda
- Hidetoshi Dekisugi
- Tamako Nobi
- Mini Dora
- Captain Silver
|Character||Japanese voice actor|
|Mini Dora||Tomato Akai|
|Captain Silver||Yo Oizumi|
- Treasure Finding Map
- Captain Hat
- Jellyfish Seeds Illumination
- Momotaro Jirushi's Millet Dumplings
- Costume Spray
- Air Cannon
- Reverse Cloak
- Super Gloves
- Water Gloves
- Sword of Denkomaru
- Gravity Paint
- Big Light
- Small Light
- Pass Loop
- Wrestling Killer
In the bonus video after the end roll (notice of the next work), which is customary in the second movie, the Earth of the Ptolemaic theory appears → The different theory club members badge appears → It is displayed as released in the spring of 2019 → Rabbit making rice cake on the moon has become an appearance. On October 11, 2018, it was announced that the title of the latest work was "Doraemon Nobita's Moon Exploration Report".
- The movie's character design bears resemblance to character design of the last seasons of 1979 anime series. Notably, this is the first movie in 2005 series to feature Shizuka with brown hair.
- Doraemon wears the same outfit in the promotional artwork as in Doraemon: Nobita's Great Adventure in the South Seas. In addition, the island in the promotional artwork resembles Tomos Island.
- The film was released on March 3, 2018 in Japan, 20 years since the release of Doraemon: Nobita's Great Adventure in the South Seas in 1998. It also air on same date when Doraemon: Nobita and the Island of Miracles ~Animal Adventure~ was released on March 3, 2012.
- This is the first movie to not have any of the shows' opening songs as the opening theme song second is Doraemon Nobita's New Dinosaur.
- This is the first 2005 series film to have Takayuki Hattori compose the score for the film instead of Kan Sawada.
- This is the first movie, even though was dubbed into Spain Spanish and it's was licensed by LUK Internacional, but the release date is unknown.
- It's box office on China even beats Avengers: Infinity War (Also known as Avengers 3).
- Although the movie is based on the Novel by Robert Louis Stevenson, several elements in the story may take an inspiration from Treasure Planet, a Disney's animated film based loosely on the Novel, namely:
- The setting is futuristic like in Treasure Planet.
- Sarah shares her name with Sarah Hawkins, along with some of her roles such as Flock being protective toward her like Jim to his mother.
- Captain Silver/John Harbor's role is much more similar to Leland Hawkins instead of Silver, being an arch-nemesis father toward the main lead instead of father-figure.
- Incidentally, Nobita bears resemblance to the character B.E.N. from Treasure Planet, who bonds with Flock (Jim), and helps him find the treasure that he has been looking for, his father.
- This is the last Doraemon filn to be release on South Korea theaters.
- https://doraeiga.com/2018/ (Japanese)
|Doraemon: Nobita's Treasure Island|
Doraemon • Nobita Nobi • Shizuka Minamoto • Takeshi Gouda • Suneo Honekawa • Mini-Doras
Flock • Sarah • Quiz • Vivi • Gaga • Captain Silver