Popon (ポポン Popon) is a gelatinous, mysterious creation made by Kurt Hartman. 'He' is also Kurt's best friend and pet, and is capable of flight (levitation).
Popon appears to be a gelatinous, jelly-like creature. It has a clear layer (membrane) and pinkish lavender insides. Its eyes are round, are rather one-dimensional. It has a small mouth, which acts as a direct opening.
Popon is a rather happy-go-lucky, cheerful creature. It is very fond of Kurt. It is also very observant and can be very playful with the things it saw.
Popon has a slight tendency to prank and getting back at others by stealing their food. It bloats into a more spherical shape when annoyed or angry.
- According to Kurt, he named Popon based on how it always likes to dance; the name is probably based on the word 'pop', a type of music.
- Popon has saved the future world at once, by absorbing the big star - like a sun - inside and gulping it.
- Popon was the first prototype of 'Ribbon to transform Kaitou DX' but Kurt failed to do it. Then he became mad and threw random things in the mixer. It blasted and Popon was created.
- According to Kurt, he intended Popon to swallow objects and transfer them to a new location. However, due to an accident, when Popon swallows something, he does not transfer it and instead makes is disappear or 'eats it'.
- Popon resembles ChuChu, a character from the 1997 video game Kirby's Dream Land 3. Both characters are pink blobs.