|“||I'm Sewashi Nobi, your great-great-grandson!||”|
— Sewashi Nobi to Nobita Nobi, All the Way From the Country of the Future
Sewashi Nobi (野比セワシ Nobi Sewashi) is the great-great-grandson of Nobita Nobi and Shizuka Minamoto. Sewashi was the first owner of Doraemon. Wonderful and Dorami are his personal friendly robot after he left Doraemon, Dorami's older brother and Wonderful's best friend, to Nobita.
In the 1973 anime, he wore a red and white jumpsuit. He also wore glasses like Nobita, but they were removed in the subsequent anime series. In the 1979 anime, he wore a teal and white shirt, white long pants with a red belt as well as teal boots. He wears a jumpsuit with a turtleneck shirt underneath in the 2005 anime and Stand by Me Doraemon, although the color schemes are different.
He is really thin and athletic, unlike his great-great-grandfather, although he is almost the same in school. This may be the only characteristic he inherited from Nobita. He doesn't like studying just like Nobita. In one episode, Sewashi tells them that their future is really bad and studying won't make it better. It is later shown that he showed them a video game, instead of the future.
Not much is know about Sewashi's family than his great-great-grandparents, Nobita and Shizuka.
Sewashi's mother is only shown once, and resembles Nobita's mother, but more futuristic, a bit nicer and wears no glasses. Sewashi's father, who is Nobita and Shizuka's great-grandson, has appeared in the series a few times (in the short movie, 2112: The Birth of Doraemon).
It is known that Nobisuke (Shizuka and Nobita's son) is his great-grandfather and that Nobita's parents are his great-great-great-grandparents.
- In the 1973 anime, Sewashi wears glasses and red clothes (which he almost looked like Nobita), which was changed in the 1979 and 2005 anime.
- In the official English manga and anime, Sewashi Nobi is renamed to Soby Nobi.
- In the 2014 movie, Stand by Me Doraemon, his hair color is changed to ginger and his clothes are re-colored.
- Fans often speculated that Sewashi had fabricated the photo album that he shown to Nobita in the first chapter such as that in Doraemon's prediction the photo of Nobita in full body cast wasn't changed/erased to a minor injury to reflect the change in timeline. Also, changing the past seems to be illegal in 22nd century and very dangerous as it may even erase his existence.
- Sewashi come from 22nd Century in 1979 and 2005 Anime. But, he came from 21st century in 1973 Anime which suggested that he is Nobita's son or Nobita's grandson or Nobita's great grandson
|Japanese||野比セワシ Nobi Sewashi|
|Chinese (Simplified)||世修 shí xiū|
|Korean||노장구 No Jang-gu|