Small Light, known as the Shrink Ray in the English dub, is a lamp similar to a flashlight. Its opposite is the Big Light, which enlarges objects and people. Another tool that is used in a similar capacity is the Gulliver Tunnel, which causes a person to grow or shrink depending on which entrance he takes; however, its ratio of shrinking and enlarging is fixed.
The Small Light's names come from how it has ability to shrink objects and people to minuscule sizes.
- Doraemon: New Nobita's Great Demon ~Peko and the Exploration Party of 5~
- Doraemon: Nobita's Little Star Wars
- Doraemon: Nobita's Dinosaur 2006
- It has many different shapes and re-colors in games.
- It is generally Shizuka's main weapon in games.
- Dorami's Small Light is in a different color and has a flower shaped rim.
- In early Daichohen Doraemon, Small Light and Big Light has the same design.
- In the American English dub of the 2005 anime, it is renamed to Shrink Ray.
- In the Turkish dub, it is named "Küçük Işık" (Small Light) but usually called as "Fener" (The Flashlight).
- The game Doraemon Wii: Secret Tool King Tournament gives this gadget a 1-versus-rivals minigame that is similar to Mario Party 3's Toadstool Titan, except the victims are able to use the gadget for their protection and the giant character (the soloist) starts giant and stays in giant form until the team players shine the light on his body to shrink him down to his "regular" size. The soloist wins if he manages to crush the others.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.