Mrs. Honekawa is a character from Doraemon and is Suneo "Sneech" Honekawa's mother whose given name has never been revealed. She is a fox-faced woman from whom Suneo himself has inherited his physical traits. She can often be seen with expensive jewelry, and she likes to spoil Suneo and give him things without thinking whether it is good for him or bad for him. She usually listens to Suneo's wishes but sometimes scolds him for not getting good marks in exams. She is a rich housewife who thinks she is very beautiful and wears expensive dresses and jewelry. She buys video games, toy robots, etc. for Suneo and cooks him cakes, delicious dishes, etc. She also likes to buy fancy dresses and jewelry for herself (though we never actually see her wearing them in the 2005 anime). She is a show-off and boastful just like most of the members in the Honekawa Family, with the exception of Sunetsugu Honekawa and Suneo's father.
In all the anime shows, Mrs. Honekawa is quite cocky-looking with a very fox-like face and prides herself about her lean body.
In the 1973 anime, Suneo's mother wore a purple dress with a round belt of gold in her waist, she also had a golden bracelet and a silver watch in each wrist, and purple heeled shoes. She had curly orange-brown hair in an afro style.
In the 1979 anime, Suneo's mother was seen wearing a light green high neck shirt and a light purple skirt. Different to her other appearances, she wore glasses. Her hair color was light orange.
In the 2005 anime, Suneo's mother is regularly seen wearing a purple high neck shirt and red pants, along with light blue slippers. Her hair color is brown.
As a rich housewife, Mrs. Honekawa's very proud of her wealth and beauty. She also has a tendency to show off her expensive clothes, accessories, and even her cooking skills to the other housewives, much like Suneo showing off to his friends. Although she often spoils her son and mostly lets him have his way, she's very strict with him in studying and always has Suneo takes several additional studies. Otherwise, she's considered to be a good mother and wife. Whenever she is with Tamako Nobi, Mrs. Honekawa would either tell her to lighten up or make her jealous by boasting. Sometimes they consider each other as frenemies or rivals.
- She wears glasses in the 1979 anime, but in the 1973 anime and the 2005 anime, she doesn't wear it. It is possible that she had contracted poor eyesight prior to 1979 and got cured of it later, or it may be a plothole.
- Parallel World Suneo's father is modeled after Mrs. Honekawa.
Names in other languages
- Español: Señora Honekawa, La Madre Suneús (Translates to "Suneo's Mother" (Suneo keeps his Japanese name in Spanish, though fourth declension (Suneo, Suneús, Sunéui, Sunéud).). Genitive: Señorus Honekawes, Madrus Suneús)
- Portugués: A Senhora Honekawa, A Mãe Suneis (Translates to "Suneo's Mother" (Suneo keeps his Japanese name in Portuguese, though second declension (Suneo, Suneis, Sunei, Suneom, Suneod).). Genitive: Les Senhores Honekawes, Les Madros Suneis)
- Italiano: La Signora Honekawa, La Madre Suneús (Translates to "Suneo's Mother" (Suneo keeps his Japanese name in the Italian tongue, though fourth declension (Suneo, Suneús, Sunéui, Suneum, Sunéud). Genitive: Les Signores Honekawes, Les Madrus Suneús)
- Français: La Mére de Sneech (Translates to "Sneech's Mother" (Suneo loses his Japanese name in French.))
- Asturianu: Dona Honekawa (Mrs. Honekawa). Genitive: Lais Honekawais