Tamako Nobi (
In all of her appearances, Tamako is depicted as a slim woman who wears rounded glasses just like Nobita, her appearance also varies from adaptation. In the manga, Tamako had black hair and wore different shirts or blouses with a skirt and on some occasions, an apron.
She occasionally takes off her round glasses to reveal her big eyes. Nobita and Doraemon think she looks better without those.
In the 1973 anime, Tamako's appearance was slightly different, as she had dark brown hair, a yellow polo shirt and a dark green skirt.
In the 1979 anime, as she had again black hair and normally wore a pink shirt with white collars, magenta skirt and an apron.
In the 2005 anime, she normally wears a yellow blouse with an orange skirt, but there may be some variations of the colors. Usually, she dresses in the same way in nearly every episode and manga. Every now and then, while facing in a left or right angle, the shape of her lips change to either looking like Nobita's or Shizuka's.
The CGI Version of Tamako Nobi has similarity with 2005 Anime
Tamako is very serious about Nobita's exams, and often grounds him for hiding the results, but deeply loves Nobita and cares for him. Her personality doesn't change very much, being a bit hot-headed at times, but usually quite calm but is very serious most of the time when dealing with Nobita, and sometimes grounds Nobita due to his very lazy and air-headed nature. Nobita sometimes thinks she is rather so mean, blunt, condescending, heartless, tyrannical, sadistic, dismissive without a sense of humor and gets mad over the smallest thing. He also believes that she treats him like an errand boy by making him do some shopping for her. Tamako is the one who cooks and cleans the house (like a typical Japanese housewife), sometimes with the help of Doraemon. She is mainly serious managing the house's finance, such as when Nobita asks his mother to buy a computer, only to scold him as she thinks it is a waste of money. She also always bans Nobita from raising pets.
While she is considered the most volcanic-tempered woman with the tendency to scold at Nobita and anyone who pushes her buttons greatly, her fear of insects in general is enough to spark her ire. When she becomes very terrified, she starts shrieking in terror and begs someone to get rid of the cockroaches, similar to how Doraemon is often chased away by harmless rats.
- Nobita Nobi (son)
- Nobisuke Nobi (husband)
- Mrs. Kataoka (mother)
- Mr. Kataoka (father)
- Tamao Kataoka (younger brother)
- Nobiru Nobi (father-in-law, deceased)
- Nobita's paternal grandmother (mother-in-law, deceased)
- Nobirou Nobi (brother-in-law)
- "Nobita! Go and study!"
- "You two are making enough noise to wake the dead!" (Scolding Nobita and Doraemon, English dub)
- 'No No No No... NOBITA!"
- Dialogue when Nobita and Doraemon explain how they scrambled the house in The Nobi House Turns Into a Giant Maze!?:
- Doraemon: "And that's how it happened..."
- Tamako: "Interesting..." (blows her top) "DON'T EVER THINK OF DOING SOMETHING SO STUPID AGAIN!!
- Doraemon & Nobita: "We won't! We swear!"
- Tamako's name(玉子), literally means "the child of beauty/the child of gem".
- However, her kanji name also means eggs ("Tamago").
- In the 1973 anime, Tamako was shown with brown hair, however, it was changed to black in the 1979 and 2005 anime to match with the rest of the Nobi Family.
- Tamako handles the household's finance.
- Tamako's younger brother's name is Tamao Kataoka.
- In the American English dub of the 2005 anime, Tamako's name is changed to Tammy.
- So far, she is the only main female character to have flashy, glowing white eyes when she is angry. This is frequently shown in the 2005 anime.
- She shares her fear of cockroaches with Dorami, and mice with Doraemon.
- She was born in 1941.