The Time Cloth (タイムふろしき Taimu Furoshiki), also known as Time Kerchief in the English dub, is a recurring gadget in the series.
The Time Cloth is able to advance/regress the state of a target by causing a temporal distortion that goes forwards/backwards by covering an item with its blue/red side.
The item does not need to be fully enclosed over its target to function and doesn't necessarily affect its attachments or certain other attributes. In one episode where Doraemon had hung the item over the drying rack, a stray breeze detaches it and the item ends up blinding Nobi Tamako. who tries to navigate around the house with her sight obstructed. Before Doraemon can notice, Tamako was reverted to her younger self (somewhat resembling Shizuka Minamoto), much to her surprise. Notably, even though her body has regressed, her other items did not, and she still retains her memories, resulting in her walking awkwardly in her oversized clothing.
- Chapter 25:Time Cloth
- The Time Cloth
- Searching Hand
- Goodbye, Doraemon...
- Magical Girl Shizu-chan
- Nobita's Dinosaur
- Nobita's Dinosaur 2006
- Nobita and the Winged Braves
- Doraemon: Nobita's Great Adventure into the Underworld
- Stand by Me Doraemon
- In Stand by Me Doraemon, this gadget additionally would glow on use.
- In the Bengali dub this gadget is called the Shomoyer Rumal, meaning 'The Handkerchief of Time'.
- In Nobita's Dinosaur 2006, the clock designs on the gadget start to move when it is used.