Uset must set it in order to start the timer. Then, it can be attached to the person the user wants to mortify. When the timer runs out of time, it explodes and the person does some funny dances and repeatedly mumbling "Baka" (stupid in Japanese) for a brief time. This bomb also effects the peoples who grab the bomb which stick on another one's back or some robots after the explosion.
For example, Nobita put the Timed Stupidity Bomb onto behind Gian. When he sings the song at Suneo, the bomb actually explodes. After the effect of the gadget, Gian finishes Suneo for being his song as an funny song.
The amount of time the victim's senses take to come back seems to be random, but never more than five minutes.
Names in other languages
- Español: La Bomba Estupididadus (Stupidity's Bomb)
- Genitive: Les Bombes Estupididadus
- Dative: Le Bombe Estupididadus
- Ablative: Lad Bómbad Estupididadus
- Plural: Las Bombas Estupididadus
- Genitive Plural: Laro Bombaro Estupididadus
- Dative/Ablative Plural: Labus Bombabus Estupididadus
- Portugués: A Bomba Da Estupididade (Bomb from Stupidity)
- Genitive: Les Bombes...
- Dative: Le Bombe...
- Accusative: Lão Bombam...
- Ablative: Lade Bombad...
- Plural: As Bombas...
- Genitive Plural: Larom Bombarom...
- Dative/Ablative Plural: Laves Bombaves...
- Accusative Plural: Las Bombas...
- Suneo's in Love
- The Stupidity Time Bombs
- Doraemon's Blue Tears
- Summer Vacation In The 22nd Century
- Doraemon: Nobita's Treasure Island
- In the Turkish dub, the gadget is called "Şapşallık Saati Bombaları" (means Sloppiness Time Bombs) also the person mumbles "Ben çok komiğim" (means i'm so funny) or "Bana baksana" (look at me) instead.
- The Bomb's effect resembles that of the Stupid Bomb from the Super Mario comic The Stupid Bomb! from Valiant Comics.
- There is a minigame that has this gadget in Doraemon Wii: Secret Tool King Tournament. However, the effect wears off in seconds.